Earl Grey tea leaves, from approximately 6 tea bags ( I used Bigelow Earl Grey tea)
pure vanilla extract
unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1. Heat your oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pulse together all the dry ingredients in a food processor until the tea leaves are pulverized.
3. Add the vanilla, water, and the butter. Pulse together until a dough forms.
4. Divide the dough in half. Place each half on a sheet of plastic wrap and roll into a 12-inch log, about 2 inches in diameter. Wrap and chill for 30 minutes. (Note: I chilled mine for several hours just because I got busy and had to wait until much later in the day to bake the cookies and that worked out fine.)
5. When ready to bake, slice each log into disks, about 1/3 inch thick. Place on parchment or foil-lined baking sheets, roughly 2 inches apart.
6. Bake until the edges are just brown, about 12 minutes. Be careful not to overbake. Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.