Vegan Shepherd’s Pie
|This vegan shepherd’s pie is comforting, healthy, delicious and really easy to make. |
For the filling:
600g/21oz cooked lentils
1 tbsp. coconut oil
1 white onion, chopped
1 red onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger root
1 tbsp. cumin
1 tbsp. cinnamon
1 tbsp. maple syrup/honey
1 x 400g/14oz can chopped tomatoes
350g/12.5oz vegetable stock
For the mash:
735g/26oz sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
1 tsp. cumin
100ml /3.5fl oz coconut milk
Optional: sprinkle of nutritional yeast
Fresh coriander to serve
0 Recipe Reviews
Subscribe for tasty updates:
1. Preheat the oven to 175C/350F.
2. Start making the filling: add the coconut oil to a saucepan and gently fry the onions, ginger, garlic and spices until soft and tender.
3. Add in the rest of the filling ingredients, bring to the boil, then leave to simmer for 20-30 mins.
4. Meanwhile for the mash - add the sweet potatoes to a pan of boiling water, bring to the boil then leave to simmer for 20 minutes (until softened).
5. Drain the water from the pan of potatoes, then add the rest of the mash ingredients and mash until smooth.
6. Add the filling to a large baking dish (or 4 small dishes), then add the mash on top and a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
7. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, then serve with fresh coriander.
If you would like to see the original recipe, this can be found here: http://www.mynutricounter.com/recipe-shepherds-pie-vegan/