|A healthy flavoursome take on an Italian classic. Nutritional yeast has a nutty cheesy flavour making it a good alternative for a vegan diet, especially as it is a complete protein.|
100g/3.5oz white onion, finely chopped
75g/2.5oz nutritional yeast
4 egg yolks
200g/7oz pancetta, chopped
250ml/8.5fl oz water
250g/8.75oz uncooked gluten-free spaghetti
0 Recipe Reviews
Subscribe for tasty updates:
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil. Drop in spaghetti and cook for 12-15 minutes.
2. Whisk together the egg yolks, nutritional yeast, and water in a bowl.
3. While the pasta is boiling, sautee pancetta in a pan until slightly crisp.
4. Add onions and continue to sautee until translucent.
5. Turn heat down to low and whisk in the egg yolk mixture. Whisk continuously until thick.
6. Toss the cooked spaghetti in the sauce.
If you would like to see the original recipe, this can be found here: http://www.mynutricounter.com/spaghetti-carbonara/