|3 cups ||unbleached all purpose flour|
|1 tsp. ||baking powder|
|1/2 tsp. ||salt|
|10 tbsp. ||unsalted butter, softened|
|6 tbsp. ||vegetable shortening|
|3/4 cup ||granulated sugar|
|2 ||lg. eggs|
|1/2 tsp. ||vanilla extract|
|1/2 lb. ||unsalted butter|
|1/2 cup ||honey|
|1/4 cup ||granulated sugar|
|1-1/4 cup ||light brown sugar|
|1/4 cup ||heavy cream|
|4 cups ||chopped pecans|
0 Recipe Reviews
Subscribe for tasty updates:
1. Crust, combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and mix well. Beat butter and shortening together with an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Gradually add sugar; beat until mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla then reduce speed and add flour mixture, mixing until just combined.
2. Gather dough in a ball, flatten slightly. Using your fingers press into a buttered nonstick baking sheet about 10x15x3/4-inches (jelly roll pan). Refrigerate dough overnight or place in freezer until firm, about 30 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 375°F. Prick crust all over-then bake until golden about 12 minutes. Set aside to cool.
4. Topping, combine butter, honey, white and brown sugars in a saucepan. Simmer, stirring constantly over medium heat until sugars melt and mixture darkens and foams, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat whisk in cream and stir in pecans.
5. Spread filling evenly over crust with a rubber spatula and bake until topping is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool completely on wire rack, then cut into 1-1/2\" squares.
desserts, nut bars