|1 cup ||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp. ||salt|
|1/3 cup ||chilled vegetable shortening|
|1/4 cup ||ice water|
|7 ||md. apples, peeled and very thinly sliced|
|1/2 cup ||granulated sugar|
|1 tsp. ||ground cinnamon|
|1/4 tsp. ||ground nutmeg|
|1/4 tsp. ||salt|
|3/4 cup ||firmly packed dark brown sugar|
|3/4 cup ||all-purpose flour|
|1/2 tsp. ||ground nutmeg|
|1/3 cup ||chilled butter, cut into sm. pieces|
0 Recipe Reviews
Subscribe for tasty updates:
1. Place oven rack in lowest position. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. To prepare crust, in a medium bowl, mix together flour and salt. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut shortening into flour mixture until coarse crumbs form.
3. Add water, 1 tablespoon at a time, tossing with a fork, until a dough forms. Shape into a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for 30 minutes.
4. On a floured surface, using a floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 12-inch circle. Fit into a 9-inch pie pan. Trim excess dough, leaving a 1-inch overhang; make a decorative edge.
5. To prepare filling, mix together all ingredients. Spoon into crust.
6. To prepare topping, in a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, flour, and nutmeg. Using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut butter into brown sugar mixture until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle apples evenly with topping.
7. Bake pie until topping is lightly browned and filling is bubbly, 35 minutes. If pie is over browning, cover loosely with aluminum foil. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
apple pie, desserts