|12 cups ||water|
|2 cups ||sugar|
|4 cups ||milk|
|1 can (13 oz.) ||evaporated milk|
|9 env. ||unflavored gelatin|
|1-1/2 to 2 bottle ||almond extract|
|3 to 4 cans ||fruit cocktail|
|1 to 2 can ||mandarian oranges, optional|
|1 can ||lychee fruit, optional|
0 Recipe Reviews
Subscribe for tasty updates:
1. In large pot cook over low heat 11 cups water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
2. In a medium bowl empty all gelatin packets and add 1 cup water. This is done to soften to gelatin so there are no lumps when adding to mixture on stove and set aside.
3. In a measuring cup add evaporated milk and regular milk to total 4 cups. Add to sugar mixture on stove.
4. Add gelatin to sugar mixture until melted and no lumps.
5. Add the almond extract and take off stove.
6. Divide the mixture into 2 9x13-inch baking pans. Refrigerate overnight.
7. Cut firm gelatin into 1-inch squares.
8. In a large bowl put the gelatin squares. Add 3-4 cans of fruit cocktail with juice. Add 1-2 cans of mandarian oranges with juice. Add 1 can lychee fruit.
This is a very refreshing dessert or snack for those long hot summer days!!! This is what Chinese restaurants will serve as dessert.