|We have the Italians to thank for bringing this humble soup into our kitchens. |
70g/2.5oz white onion, diced
120g/4.25oz roma tomatoes, diced
120g/4.25oz carrots, diced
70g/2.5oz celery, diced
100g/3.5oz bell pepper, diced
30ml/1fl oz olive oil
1/2 tsp. dried basil
1/2 tsp. dried marjoram
1 tbsp. fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
1500ml/1.5 quarts vegetable stock
2 pcs. bay leaf
Fried egg for serving
Bread (guten-free optional) for serving
0 Recipe Reviews
Subscribe for tasty updates:
1. Heat olive oil in a stock pot.
2. Add onions, tomatoes, carrots, celery and bell pepper. Sautee for 3-5 minutes.
3. Add vegetable stock, basil and marjoram. Simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Put bread slices in serving bowls and top with fried egg.
5. Ladle soup over the bread.
If you would like to see the original recipe, this can be found here: http://www.mynutricounter.com/acquacotta/